On 30 September 2016 at 17:12, Kevin Smith <kevin.sm...@isode.com> wrote:

>>> Possibly true, yes. It doesn’t resolve the MUC issue, but maybe it does
>>> everything else. We should probably explicitly call out in carbons and MAM
>>> the importance of preserving the id in the header.
>>
>> The MUC reflection-detection issue? I *think* that's the only use-case
>> after however many years.
>>
>> We could mark just the reflected stanza, couldn't we?
>
> You mean add an element into the outgoing MUC message saying original-id-was
> X? Seems that would work.

I was thinking simply <this-is-your-reflection-message
xmlns='urn:xmpp:reflection'/> actually. Could include the original
stanza id, but I can't think of a use-case.

I suppose '308 might prefer if the original id were there in the
broadcast message in case you want to correct a message before you've
even seen the reflected copy, though.