On Mon, Jan 2, 2017 at 4:12 AM, Evgeny Khramtsov <xramt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem is that spam/ham classification problem for SPIM is a bit
> different from those for email because IM messages are short.

That's fair; makes sense.

> Another problem, and I'm constantly repeating here, is that when you
> detect a spam message on the server, what would you do with it? Block
> silently? I'm not aware of any email server which acts that badly, e.g.
> by simply throwing away a "suspicious" message.

Probably just mark it as spam somehow (wasn't there an XEP for that?)
and let the clients sort it out (eg. they can have a "junk mail"
folder if they want). From a protocol perspective this seems like the
easiest way to do it and ensure that each client can do the UX they
want.

—Sam

--
Sam Whited