On 2/16/17 10:02 AM, Georg Lukas wrote:
* Ruslan N. Marchenko <m...@ruff.mobi> [2017-02-13 19:30]:
As there was no consensus two years ago, I just added both elements to
0280 in https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/382

Thanks for clarification, but then still, why two? if <private/> is still
required to avoid bump, why not to stick to that? Especially if, as it was
pointed out in referenced thread - they have different semantic, but XEP
expects them to provide same outcome within specification/implementation.

As I wrote earlier, the discussion did not lead to a consensus. Adding
both was an attempt to get it moving again, or at least to create a
state with the widest possible compatibility.

My personal stance would be: discard <private/>, reference 334, be done
with it. However, that would probably require a namespace bump.

Agreed that we need to get off the fence about it. :-)

Is Georg's proposal something we can't live with?

Peter