On Dienstag, 28. Februar 2017 16:27:59 CET XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:
> This message constitutes notice of a Last Call for comments on XEP-0186
> (Invisible Command).
>
> Abstract: This document specifies an XMPP protocol extension for user
> invisibility.

> This Last Call begins today and shall end at the close of business on
> 2017-03-14.
>
> Please consider the following questions during this Last Call and send your
> feedback to the standards@xmpp.org discussion list:
>
> 1. Is this specification needed to fill gaps in the XMPP protocol stack or
> to clarify an existing protocol?

Yes.

> 2. Does the specification solve the problem stated in the introduction and
> requirements?

From reading it, it appears so.

> 3. Do you plan to implement this specification in your code? If not, why
> not?

Yes.

The Security Considerations section is very vague. While I can imagine some of
the scenarios hinted at, I think that mentioning some cases would not hurt.
Examples I am currently thinking of are disco#* (or all IQs to the client in
general) and Message Delivery Receipts. I’m sure there is more.

I would like a rationale for why after going visible again, the session is
treated as before sending initial presence. This feels counter-intuitive to
me: I would expect all my contacts to see the presence I most recently sent to
those on my "visible list". While a client can surely implement it that way,
is there a rationale to not have it specified that way by setting the outbound
presence to the most recently sent during invisibility?

What does a server do when a client does not send a <presence/> after going
visible when asked by peers to which the client has sent directed presence vs.
those to which the client has not sent directed presence?

Secondly, what is the state of the Privacy Lists if they are used as a backing
store after the client goes offline during invisibility? Are those reset
automatically? This could use some clarification.

kind regards,
Jonas