Georg has suggested a new order for proxy JID.   I've discussed with Kevin
Smith and we think the rationale for change of order makes sense.

The original rationale for this syntax as to align to "plus addressing" used
with email address.  If we are going to change the order a new separator
seems sensible.     Our proposed choice is to use octothorpe. Underscore was
a fallback.

So the thinking is to change from 'coven+123456@mix.shakespeare.example' to
'123456#coven@mix.shakespeare.example'

I will make this change in the next set of updates, unless there are
objections made to the list

Steve

***** Hi Steve,

I would like to suggest changing the proxy JID format from
'coven+123456@mix.shakespeare.example' to
'123456+coven@mix.shakespeare.example'.

The rationale is as follows:

1. it better corresponds to the hierarchical structure
   (user->channel->service->domain->country)

2. the channel name may contain a '+', the user identifier not.
   Splitting the identifier will be easier and less error-prone
   if we can just do anon_jid.split('+', max=2) instead of first
   looking for the '@' and then doing a right-side-search for '+'.

3. it might be easier to compare JIDs:
   if (anon_jid.endswith('+' + channel_jid)) { ... }

Kind regards,

Georg