Hi,

> Again a totally agree with you and your solution seems to be a perfect way
> to figure out this problem for now. But, with my proposal,
> I'd like to make this XEP future proof (afaik the Prosody team is planning
> to implement the missing behavior in their future release)
> and only relies on existing XEPs (PEP and Pubsub) techniques to makes the
> results more coherent and simple.

By making it 'future proof' you are preventing any real world use for the
foreseeable future.
Nobody argues that putting everything into one node is 'nicer'. However by
doing this change now you are making it impossible for any client with an
actual user base to implement it.
The XEP is a very deliberate compromise and everyone involved in the
creation was aware that it is a compromise from the beginning.

cheers
Daniel