On Fri, Sep 8, 2017, at 05:05, Remko Tronçon wrote:
> - Provide a hash of the contents in the <request>, such that the server
> can
> make decisions on upload slot response based on the hash (e.g. give a
> response that this file has already been uploaded).

I like this idea.

> - The ability to omit the <get> from the slot response, and have it be
> returned as the HTTP PUT response, such that the server can delay
> deciding
> what the GET URL will be after it has seen the contents).

I advocated for something like this early on, and I still like the idea.
However, I don't think it can be a part of the HTTP PUT response because
you may not always control the HTTP server you're uploading too. My use
case is that I effectively want to use S3 (or whatever GCPs file storage
solution is, or pick your poison) for file storage without every
touching my XMPP server, but I can't control the response S3 sends me.

—Sam