Hello

A year and a half ago I proposed a XEP: "Content Types in Messages" [1],
solving the issue of describing and annotating what type of content is sent in
messages. At the time, many objected, since they did not see the value of this
annotation.

Now, the interest seems to have been awakened again, with a new proposal: "Body
Markup Hints" [2]. Both seem to be based around markdown, so there's an obvious
common interest and common ground.

What I wonder is: Why don't we collaborate on this? There are already
implementations of [1]. It solves the issue using a paradigm that matches what
is elsewhere used on the internet (Content Types). Why invent something new,
and not renew the application of the original proposal? And if there's
something missing, the proposal can be updated, and the author list increased.

Best regards,
Peter Waher

[1] https://github.com/xsf/xeps/blob/master/inbox/content-types.xml
[2]