I'm afraid I can't say much about the SASL2/multi-step integration but
everything else looks good.
If you want to resubmit this as a proto xep you have me vote.

Looking forward to implementing this into Conversations. (Hopefully at
least one of the major servers will provide a server side
implementation soon.)

cheers
Daniel