> On Donnerstag, 8. März 2018 07:38:42 CET Daniel Gultsch wrote:
>> It feels a bit sad that we aren't able to advance a XEP that is widely
>> deployed (in a way) but I think it is just too late.
>
> Can’t we revert to XEP-0049 (if no other XEP-0223 implementations show up),
> advance *that* to final and make a new thing properly based on XEP-0223, with
> multi-item layout and fancy stuff? I would love if we could take that
> opportunity to add roster-like groups to bookmarks.

I don’t think XEP48 over 49 solves the requirements we have today as
outlined in my previous mail.
Further advancing that would benefit nobody (I don‘t think we would
see even more implementations and on the other hand it might confuse
new comers and guide them towards something that is just not up the
requirements we have today)
Advancing this only for the sake of advancing something is misguided.

cheers
Daniel