-1 to removing Proposed. We only know there's a problem because a bunch of
XEPs are sitting in Proposed; removing Proposed wouldn't remove the
problem, just the fact we can see it. I'd really like a similar state
during the CFE, since that's quite hard to manage.

My preferred change would be to update XEP-0001 such that anyone can fish a
XEP from Rejected back to Experimental (without a vote) by an update, much
as Deferred XEPs can be recovered.

Note that a XEP can't go from Rejected -> Experimental -> Proposed -> Draft
without having the factors leading to its rejection corrected or rendered
irrelevant by time.

Rejected therefore becomes a state indicating that the XEP cannot advance
in its current form, instead of a terminal state.

There is, however, a gotcha here. A Council vote on Approval (ie, advance
to Draft) can have three outcomes. The vote can pass, in which case the XEP
moves to Draft. Someone can veto, in which case it moves to Rejected
(until, in this new world, someone addresses the reasons behind the
rejection). But it can also simply not gain sufficient votes - in which
case there is nothing, really, to address, per-se, but nevertheless it
moves to Rejected.

But perhaps that's OK.

Dave.