On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 at 13:09, Dave Cridland <d...@cridland.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 at 12:56, Kim Alvefur <z...@zash.se> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 07:49:24PM +0200, Timothée Jaussoin wrote:
>> > What I'd like to propose is to generalize this XEP
>>
>> I am opposed to entrenching vcard-temp more.
>>

> It's so entrenched now I don't see any realistic path to migrating away from
> it. Even spirited attempts to switch to PEP-based avatars have essentially
> failed.

I disagree with the notion that it's impossible, or we should give up
and dig ourselves deeper.

The next version of Prosody already translates vcard-temp set/get into
the corresponding PEP actions (XEP-0292 + XEP-0084).

However I think this is a tangent. I think in the spirit of Timothée's
original post is not really related to avatars, but simply how to
receive notifications of disco changes.

Regards,
Matthew