On Montag, 3. Dezember 2018 11:02:15 CET Matthew Wild wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to allow servers to advertise status pages to their users.
> See for example https://statut.jabberfr.org/
>
> This information could be cached by clients, and linked to in case of
> problems connecting, for example.
>
> The question is where and how to advertise it. Someone suggested it
> might fit into XEP-0157, as if you squint hard enough, it is a
> communication channel about the service. The link could also be a URL
> to a Twitter, Mastodon feed, or whatever.

I suggest to not stuff this into XEP-0157, because as you mention, it isn’t
much harder to add another form, and we don’t need to muddy the semantics of
XEP-0157 without good reason.

The existing XEP-0157 clients (mostly bots, AFIACT) won’t do anything useful
if you put an HTTPS-URL in there.

kind regards,
Jonas