My review of the PR is that, although I agree entirely with the sentiment, this
change would be breaking, and by itself is not worth the namespace fracturing.

Looking at Jingle code I currently have deployed in production systems, the
expectation that a session or content accept action includes a transport
element is present, and this change would trigger bad-request errors.

Generating and sending an “empty answer” transport element (for whatever an
empty answer would look like for the transport in question) is the cleanest
solution that still works in the existing namespace. I would prefer not sending
the element at all, but again, not worth the namespace bump for such a minor
detail.

/Lance