On Dienstag, 3. September 2019 12:55:18 CEST Dave Cridland wrote:
> Thanks for your snappy response.
>
> On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 at 18:13, Ruslan Marchenko <m...@ruff.mobi> wrote:
> > Hi,

> > > I did, a long time ago in psyced. Its opensource but hasn't changed in
> > > ages. I still use it and it continues to work -- even though i seem to
> > > have had quite some issues with Dave's server at times.
> > >
> > > Its still useful, I always considered one-way s2s a bug caused by weak
> > > (or lacking) authentication mechanism in the initial design.
> >
> > I've recently realized my bidi implementation lacks SASL External
> > outbound support - but when trying to implement it I figured my bidi
> > external test now fails because the target I used earlier for BIDI
> > end2end test (metronome.im) now dropped its support. So now wonder
> > whether there's any known issue with this so that no one supports it in
> > the wild? I have always thought this is the future state of s2s and
> > sooner or later everyone would move to it but it looks quite opposite.
>
> Interesting.
>
> OK, how about this - is there any interest in running an interopathon
> across a few days where people have bidi-enabled domains available?

As a stress testing activity, I could load mod_bidi of prosody on
search.jabbercat.org for 36h and see how many domains get marked stale.

I had that module loaded in the early days, but then we had to debug something
unrelated to that and wanted to reduce the codebase involved. I’d be happy to
take part in an interopathon regarding that though.

kind regards,
Jonas