Hi everyone!

With the current discussions and plans around XEP-0384 being retired soon, some of us found it important to come up with a properly specified replacement in time.

That's why there will be an OMEMO:2 Specification Sprint! \o/

We are going to learn from the mistakes of the old specification and aim to create a new iteration which hopefully fixes a lot of little issues and addresses the concerns raised by its predecessor. Our primary goal is obviously to break the hard dependency on libsignal to allow for implementors to use permissively licensed libraries.

If you like to attend, you should have a pretty good understanding of OMEMO in its current form*.

We are targeting some weekend in the end of February for the Sprint which will probably take place in Düsseldorf, Germany. More precise details and a Wiki page will follow once we have a venue.

If you are interested, please let us know by replying to this mail.

Happy Hacking!

*: XEP-0384 and how it's implemented in the wild.