Hi Winfried!

I agree with all the points you bring up, however I also don't see any
reason why MLS and OMEMO 2 shouldn't coexist.

OMEMO 2 aims at fixing all those little issues that currently exist in
the OMEMO ecosystem. Personally I'd see it as an "upgrade" to the
current OMEMO specification.

MLS on the other hand would be a whole new protocol with different
considerations and possibly required server support. It may even require
a separate MIX module (caution: speculation)?
Contrary to OMEMO, there is no experience from implementations yet that
we can rely on (not a point against MLS of course).

I think that yes, we should focus on creating a good MLS specification,
but I also think this is unrelated to OMEMO-X.
I also don't care in which order we do these things, although I guess
OMEMO:2 will probably happen soon.

Paul