H all,

Unfortunately I can't make tomorrow's meeting due to an appointment I'd
completely forgotten about.

I may not make the week after (though I think I've timed things to allow
it).

Included here are votes which I'm not sure I can do yet.

On Tue, 3 Mar 2020 at 17:51, Jonas Schäfer <jo...@wielicki.name> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> The next XMPP Council Meeting will take place on 2020-03-04 at 16:00Z in
> xmpp:coun...@muc.xmpp.org?join. Everyone is welcome to join and give
> comments.
>
> This agenda is composed from:
>
> - Editor notifications to standards@
> - xsf/xeps GitHub PRs marked as Needs Council
> - Suggestions directly sent to me (see below)
>
> Agenda as follows:
>
> 1) Roll Call
>
> 2) Agenda Bashing
>
> * Feel free to pre-bash on-list or directly to me if you think something
> is
> missing.
>
> 3) Editor’s Update
>
> - ProtoXEP: Reminders
> - Expired calls: LC on XEP-0402
> - Calls in progress:
>
>   - CFE: XEP-0066 (Out of Band Data), ends: 2020-03-10
>   - CFE: XEP-0184 (Message Delivery Receipts), ends: 2020-03-17

(Thank you very much for this bit - very useful)

> 4) Items for voting
>
> 4a) Proposed XMPP Extension: Reminders
> Abstract:
> This specification provides a way to set up reminders.

I think this is probably better done as ad-hoc, and a future-delivery
concept that Marvin suggests might also be a better approach, but if this
were widely deployed as-is it wouldn't do any harm to the network, so
I'm +1 for adopting it. If it transforms utterly on the way through
Experimental that'll be entertaining.

> 4b) Decide on advancement of XEP-0402
> Title: PEP Native Bookmarks
> Abstract:
> This specification defines a syntax and storage profile for keeping a list
> of
> chatroom bookmarks on the server.
>
> (The last call ends today, so be sure to send in your feedback if you
> haven’t
> already.)

I think this is unlikely to see further changes requiring a namespace bump,
and should be taken into close change control by the Council, so +1 for
draft.

> 4c) PR#898
> Title: XEP-0060: Specify that empty <item/> are invalid on publish

If a node is configured not to persist items, and to notify without the
payload, does this mean we now have to supply a mandatory payload that is
only ever seen by the publisher and the service? Tentative -1, though I
could be persuaded into a -0.