Am 11.04.20 um 20:01 schrieb Holger Weiß:
I stumbled over two things while adding XEP-0215 support to ejabberd:

1. The "type" attribute specifies the "service type as registered with
    the XMPP Registrar".  As far as I can see, no types are registered so
    far; and at least to me, it's not completely obvious how (STUN and)
    TURN over TLS services should be specified.  I see two ways:

        <service type='turns' protocol='tcp' [...]/>
        <service type='turn' protocol='tls' [...]/>

    Personally I'd opt for the first one (to be consistent with e.g.
    <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5389#section-9>), but I don't care
    much.  Either way, I guess this should be clearly defined.

TURN/TLS uris are of the form
  turns:host:port?transport=tcp
and this is mapping to
  https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7064
  https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7065
so type => scheme, protocol to transport

2. The XEP allows clients to either request the list of <services/>
    (optionally limited by the desired service "type"), or to request
    <credentials/> (limited by the desired "host", "type", and optionally
    "port"; but not e.g. by the "protocol").  As credentials can be
    included with the <services/> response, I don't quite see the point
    of having a seperate <credentials/> request.  Wouldn't it make more
    sense to allow the client to specify arbitrary <service/> attributes
    (except maybe "username" and "password") with the <services/> request
    for filtering the response, e.g.

        <services type='turn' protocol='udp'/>

    and then drop the <credentials/> thing?

I think that was intended for the XMPP variant of https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-uberti-behave-turn-rest-00
but I don't think that variant was ever implemented.