Hi all,

Sam has also submitted this XEP in a significantly expanded form to the
[IETF], and raised it in the [KITTEN] working group. The current status
within the IETF is an "individual draft", and while it can get to RFC
status like that, I think formal adoption as a "working group draft" would
be better for the document - it'll get more review, and a better status
when published as an RFC. (It's also quite a bit easier for Sam).

I would encourage anyone who's interested in this area to join the KITTEN
mailing list and express some interest (or, even better, read the doc and
send a message to the list with comments). The Working Group Chairs will
need to be convinced that there is real interest out there, understandably,
so doing so will help make this document better.

There is other stuff of interest to security-conscious XMPP folk in KITTEN,
being the home of SASL, so it's well worth joining. In addition, a lot of
the work we do herein the XSF is largely invisible to the IETF; I believe
the people in this group have much to offer the IETF as well as vice-versa,
and this represents a good opportunity for cross-pollination.

Dave.

[IETF] -
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-whited-kitten-password-storage/
[KITTEN] - https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/kitten/about/