On 6/3/20 5:25 PM, Jonas Schäfer wrote:> Hi everyone,

> Flow and I got in a discussion about whether it is OK to add foreign,
> namespaced elements to Registry entries.

I think registry entries should be just as extensible as the elements
that are registered. This would also align nicely with the spirit of
extensibility of XMPP. In this [1] particular example, it mimics how
data form validation extend form fields on the wire protocol, at the
registry layer.

A situation where additional requirements and further information is
only part of the textual specification and not of the registry entry,
when it *could* be part of the entry, appears undesirable.

- Florian

1:
https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/949/files#diff-ebab582ef0efc48448fc287612a72d1dR208