On Dienstag, 30. Juni 2020 17:59:34 CEST Jonas Schäfer wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> (Editor hat on)
>
> On behalf of the Council, I’d like to bring this pull request to the
> attention of the community:
>
> https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/963

Okay, this took me a long time to look at. I think intent-wise this is OK by
me. We haven’t written down anywhere that a server or client may not attempt
multiple authentication flows within the same TCP stream and I don’t think we
should. Allowing the initiator to proceed with dialback if external fails (and
if the responder offers dialback, of course) is just another instance of that.

I’ll post my vote in the minutes thread.

kind regards,
Jonas