Hi all,

There has been a lot of discussion about bind2 as a potential way to fix
the Message Carbons race condition (quick summary: when the connection
starts you go to enable carbons with the IQ, but you've already received
a few messages that aren't carbon copied before the IQ gets sent).

However, bind2 is still in an early unfinished state and even once it's
done isn't likely to achieve adoption immediately because it's a bigger
XEP than just the single feature that it enables carbons and it does a
lot more that people will hae to think about, making its adoption slower
(though hopefully still relatively fast).

In the mean time I'd like to suggest that carbons just add a simple
stream feature and call it a day so that we can stop dealing with the
race condition.

I've proposed some text here:

https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/1090

—Sam