Hi everyone,

There have been lots of discussions[citation needed] (feel free to trawl the
list archives yourself... :) ) on the wording we use for our specifications.
The term "Draft" for our non-Final but also non-Experimental standards has
been adopted from our "mother" organization, the Internet Engineering Task
Force. The IETF has since abandoned that term.

Yet, it remains with us. In the recent years it has been a source of
confusion[citation needed] about this term by newcomers and people not
familiar with the XMPP ecosystem. They thought that a Draft Standard may not
be ready for deployment (despite the fancy green text saying otherwise) or
that it may change substantially, both of which are decidedly untrue for our
documents in Draft state.

So... The day has finally come. Thanks to Sam who stood up and proposed a pull
request to update the wording in XEP-0001. As of today, our formerly "Draft"
standards are called "Stable".

I am sure there will be some hitches on that road. There is some tooling to
iron out, but this first update immediately patches the view of all XEP
documents we publish (old versions in the attic will stay as they are).

I hope your are as happy about this as I am :). (or at least not as angry or
sad about it as I am happy about it, that'd be a start already)

kind regards,
Jonas