https://logs.xmpp.org/council/2021-09-22#2021-09-22-c6f77c77f7ab5b43

1) Roll Call

Present: Jonas, Zash, Georg, Daniel, Dave

2) Agenda Bashing

None.

3) Editor’s Update

- Last call for XEP-0459 ended

4) Items for Voting

4a) Decide on Advancement of XEP-0459
Title: XMPP Compliance Suites 2022
Abstract: This document defines XMPP application categories for different use
cases (Core, Web, IM, and Mobile), and specifies the required XEPs that client
and server software needs to implement for compliance with the use cases.

Most of council hadn't reviewed the XEP themselves yet, so everyone is on-
list. Daniel would be ready to vote +1.

4b) PR#1105: XEP-0280: feedback from Last Calls
Something about things Georg did.

There is some questioning whether we even need to vote on this (no) and why it
was brought up (Ge0rG wants to have a council-ack to not impede an advancement
of '280).

The question why there was stripping of <private/> in the first place (nobody
remembers). Removing it is considered harmful, so the change is generally
approved.

General agreement.

4c) XEP-0313 advancement

There has been some discussion on-list and Zashes proposal seems to be the
most favoured one. Zash is asked kindly to prepare a PR putting it to words
until the next meeting.

5) Date of Next

Everyone in for +1w.

6) AOB

6a) End-of-term preps

Dave points out that the council term ends at 2021-11-25 and raises three
points:

- We should plan the remainder of our workloads

  We mostly did that by wrapping up '280 and '313 and push the CS ('459) as
  far as possible.

- Everyone should figure out if they'll stand again

  Jonas remarks that he might not be up for chairing, though he'd be glad to
  re-run for Council.

- Everyone should try to recruit interested people

  If someone reading this list has thought "Ugh, damn council! Spoiling all
  the fun" in the past year, then now is a good opportunity to put in your
  own application for council, to improve the situation. For more details see

  https://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Board_and_Council_Elections_2021

7) Ite Meeting Est

Thanks everyone.