> +1 on merging. There’s been a lot of foundational improvements since
> mid-2014 that we can safely rely on now, so these changes make sense.
Thanks Lance for your feedback!

> There is one scenario that the :0 version with its split accept/proceed
> allows that I don’t think the :1 does: stop your other devices ringing
> while silently ignoring the request. Debatable if that should be a
> supported case, but :1 does require leaking a JID resource to stop your
> other devices ringing.
Well, I could add a <ignore> message that should be sent to ones own bare jid
to stop all devices from ringing without telling the calling party.

But is that really a functionality that is already used or even needed?
Any insights from client developers on this?

- tmolitor