Hi all,

A change to XEP-0060 has been proposed: https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/1126/files

2 out of 3 parts are editorial in nature, the one part that is a potential concern takes the current sentence:

> After receiving the configuration form, the owner SHOULD submit a completed configuration form.

And appends the following to it:

> The submitted configuration form MAY contain a subset of possible configuration options. In that case, the service MUST only change the submitted configuration options.

The concern here is that adding a MUST where one didn't exist previously could make existing compliant implementations suddenly non-compliant. I believe it was said in MUC discussions that prosody follows this anyway, can anyone chime in about other implementations they know about ?

It was also proposed that this MUST could be changed to a SHOULD, which would get around the protocol-breaking, but I'm not sure it adds a lot of value, since, if you can't be sure what the service will do, then you can never submit just a subset of config options and hope for the best.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks much,
Travis