On 3/10/22 2:46 AM, Georg Lukas wrote:
Hi,

I've been looking into our legacy namespaces recently (the ones starting
with `http://jabber.org/`), with a goal to implement HTTP Redirects to
the respective XEPs (first map at https://op-co.de/tmp/namespacemap.txt)

I identified a bunch of inconsistencies in examples, for some of which
I've already opened PRs.

Thanks for doing this.

One of the things that I'm not sure about is
XEP-0072, where two different SI-Pub namespaces are used:

Within a message element, only mentioned in the example:

https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0072.html#example-8

<sipub xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/si-pub' />

And within an IQ element, mentioned in normative text and in an example:

https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0072.html#example-9

<start xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/sipub' />

I assume that having two different namespaces was not a deliberate
design decision,

IIRC, sipub is correct and si-pub is incorrect. What does the schema say?

but my question is:

Do these examples reflect the actual in-the-wild use?

Is SOAP over XMPP even used in the wild anymore? Weren't we talking about deprecating or obsoleting XEP-0072?

Can we harmonize them / fix the examples?

At least in https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0137.html#example-1 and
https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0332.html#example-13 it looks
like <sipub xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/sipub' /> is actually a
thing.