Hello all,

I've submitted this PR about message replies: https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/1251

1. It was missing a disco#feature that I added.

2. The XEP required ("MUST") that the quoted author is referenced with a full JID, which I think makes sense in a groupchat context, but does not accomplishes much in 1:1 chats, so I added:

    In a 1:1 chat context, a bare jid MAY be used instead of a full jid.

3. The character counting for the fallback text in the example was wrong (it did not count new lines). Also, because of the stanza "pretty formatting", indent and 2 other newlines that should not be counted are added, so I mentioned it in the text. This may not seem much, but edhelas, deuill and I all had trouble getting our heads around how this worked, so I believe this is helpful for implementators. "Explicit is better than implicit", they say.

3. I also wanted to relax the constraint on the quoted author, ie, not make the `to` attribute of the `<reply>` tag mandatory. I confess this is in big part for self-centered reasons, since it's not always trivial to retrieve or determine the "quoted gatewayed contact's JID". After OOB discussion with marvin, we agreed to change my first iteration:

A client MAY omit the 'to' attribute

    The <reply> element SHOULD have a 'to' attribute

It this last point is too controversial, I'm OK to remove it and will do my best to enforce it in my bridge implementation. I do think the other points are not controversial and make the XEP better overall.

Thanks in advance for you feedback.

Cheers,

-- Nicoco