On 1/18/23 9:26 AM, Thilo Molitor wrote:
In Appendix F: Requirements Conformance all our XEPs refer to RFC 2119 defining
"MUST", "SHALL" etc.
But since RFC 2119 does not specify which case should be used for these
keywords, a XEP using "shall" or even "sHaLl" uses normative keywords, no?

My personal practice in writing RFCs has been to studiously avoid lowercase conformance terms. It's quite easy and natural in English to use other words: might instead of MAY, ought instead of SHOULD, etc. But it seems that most authors are too lazy to do this, which is why we ended up with RFC 8174.

Peter