I think there may be some confusion and we're not even disagreeing about the
same things; so, I'll state my thoughts more clearly.

The original sender of a message stanza SHOULD give it id=UUID. Unfortunately,
this wasn't a requirement in the RFCs, so now we have various hacks to try to
deal with that because we can't just fix the problem while maintaining
compatibility.

In the case of MUC messages, the original sender IS the MUC, and not the
client. The client sends its message to the MUC, and that message SHOULD have
its own unique id, but the message which the MUC forwards to participants
SHOULD be a new message with its own new unique id. But the client wants to
cross-reference the message it sent with the one it receives, and so the MUC
SHOULD also insert an origin-id with the client's original message id (only in
the message it forwards to that client.)

Now, the above SHOULDs are my own preferences for an ideal world where we could
have nice things, whereas in reality we maintain compatibility and add 'just
one more' id in the hope it solves things.

In the above ideal world, MUC message ids can't be spoofed because they are
assigned by the MUC itself. The MUC doesn't even need to care what id a client
used because it assigns its own new id to any messages it sends - if a client
does duplicate one then it only confuses itself in the origin-id (and nobody
else sees that.) I understand that is effectively what you're trying to address
with stanza-id, and it is a valid solution.

What I'm less sure of is the benefit 'by' actually brings in practice. If there
are multiple stanza-ids then it obviously serves to differentiate them, but why
the need for multiple? The client's id is the origin-id (so it can
cross-reference with its archive) and the MUC's id is the stanza-id (so it can
be referenced for reactions, etc.) Carbons shouldn't need yet another id.