Martin Sebor wrote:
Andrew Black wrote:
Greetings all.

According to the thread from the Sun Studio C++ forum, it is recommended that that reliance on the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variables be avoided. Rather, it is recommended that such references be added to executables using the RPATH setting.

To this end, a revised patch and ChangeLog have been included below that attempt to resolve this issue in the recommended manner.

Cool! Have you checked to make sure the -R option works on
Linux? If so, go ahead and commit it. Otherwise let's either
guard the change for that OS or remove it.

Thanks
Martin

The SunPro documentation (on Solaris) states that the option is passed to ld, and both Solaris and Linux use that flag for the same purpose. Do we have SunPro installed on any of our Linux build servers? I am not aware of it being available anywhere, but I could be mistaken. If it is available, I'll run a test build there prior to committing the patch.

--Andrew Black