One last thing (I hope). Look at the third line below. It reads
completely incoherent. Something screwy must be going on in the
script:

checking for fpos_t, ptrdiff_t, and size_t...   ok
checking for specialization on return type...   ok
checking template and ...   no (_RWSTD_NO_STD_MBSTATE_T)
checking for std::nothrow...   ok
checking for std::nothrow_t...   ok
checking for std::set_new_handler()...   no (_RWSTD_NO_STD_SET_NEW_HANDLER)

Martin

Martin Sebor wrote:
A couple of other issues:

When checking for symbols in a library the name of the math
library is also missing:
Checking for namespaces  ok
Checking for std::acos() in ...   ok
Checking for std::asin() in ...   ok

I suspect the math library is integrated into the runtime
library on Windows so we could either avoid printing out
the name of the library altogether or, given that there
are several different runtime libraries, we could print
out its actual name depending on the compiler switches.

Also, the struct tm test seems to run twice:

checking for std::unexpected()...   no (_RWSTD_NO_STD_UNEXPECTED)
checking for struct tm in ...   ok
checking for struct tm in ...   ok
checking for conversion in template default arguments...   ok

Martin

Martin Sebor wrote:
The configuration log is missing the names of the headers
we're checking for (see below). It's been like that for at
least a few days. Farid, could you see what the problem is?

Thanks
Martin

http://people.apache.org/~sebor/stdcxx/results/windows-2003-msvc-7.1-8s-log.gz.txt

  Performing Custom Build Step
Configuring for msvc-7.1 - 8s Optimized Static
Checking if compiler is sane...   ok
Checking if linker is sane...   ok
Checking if run environment is sane...   ok
Checking system architecture ILP32 little endian
Checking for headers...
Checking for ...   ok
Checking for ... ok ("C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\include\\assert.h")
Checking for ...   ok
Checking for ... ok ("C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\include\\ctype.h")