Hi all,

Just for kicks I'm trying to build a 12d version of the library on Cygwin.
Things looks like they're going okay except for a couple of errors that open up
a message box on the screen telling me that a test had a problem. The build
stops at this point and waits for me to click on a button before moving on to
the next test. I don't remember the first but the second one is for
LIBC_EXCEPTIONS.exe. Is this normal?

I also see lots of messages like these:

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/mbrown/stdcxx-12d/lib'
generating dependencies for $(TOPDIR)/src/atomic.s
generating dependencies for $(TOPDIR)/src/wctype.cpp
/home/mbrown/stdcxx/src/wctype.cpp:0: warning: -fPIC ignored for target (all
code is position independent)

I'm guessing Cygwin might need the same conditional as the one for AIX in
gcc.config:

# IBM AIX code is always position independent
ifneq ($(OSNAME),AIX)
PICFLAGS        = -fPIC
endif

-- Mark