> I wonder if it wouldn't be cleaner to move all the Intel C++
> specific code out of _config-msvc.h and into _config-icc.h
> and make sure we #include the former only for MSVC and the
> latter only for Intel C++. One of the goals of separating all
> the compiler-specific hacks and overrides was to make it
> clear what's where and avoid accidentally breaking one
> compiler while fixing a problem in another. The way we handle
> MSVC and Intel C++ on Windows seems to go against the goal
> (even though the compilers are meant to be fully compatible).
>
> Thoughts?

  The Intel C++ compiler is just set of the binary tools (compiler,
linker, .... and some
processor optimized extension libraries (math library, integer and float
vector class library).
The package don't include the CRT library and uses the CRT from
installed MSVC.
I have the installed three versions of the MSVC: 7.0, 7.1 and 8.0. And I
can build
the some project using Intel C++ with any CRT which I have.

  I mean that some of the macros from _config-msvc.h is not
compiler-specific, but CRT specific.
If we want to separate the Intel and MSVC config files, we should
copy-paste that
macros into the _config_icc.h. Is that corresponds the goals?

Farid.