On Jun 25, 2007, at 4:53 PM, Martin Sebor wrote:
Leo Simons wrote:
I just finished
a sweep through our sources and updated those that still needed
it. The record of the changes is here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-457
So, does this mean that there's files in any of the tarballs listed at
  http://incubator.apache.org/stdcxx/download.html
that have an incorrect license header?

Incorrect might be too strong a word. IMO, "different" would
describe it better.

If so, you should be thinking about what to do with those releases -- like do a branch where you fix the headers and release new 4.1.2.2, 4.1.3.2 versions to replace them, or simply pull the 4.1.x releases and get 4.2 out quickly, or decide there really can't possibly be any problems for the users but add a warning to be safe, or successfully argue there's nothing that needs to be done, or whatever.

I'd like to argue that nothing needs to be done :)

The files are all licensed under the ASL, it's just that the text
is subtly (but in my layman opinion not substantively) different
from the most recent text at
http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html

Oh, in that case I also think (IANAL, blah, blah) it should be ok. We've had a bunch of different source headers, and on average we haven't pulled releases over them.

Thanks for clearing this up :-)

- Leo