Farid Zaripov wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Sebor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 9:38 PM
To: stdcxx-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: svn commit: r550545 - in /incubator/stdcxx/trunk/tests/localization: 22.locale.ctype.is.cpp 22.locale.ctype.narrow.cpp 22.locale.ctype.scan.cpp 22.locale.ctype.tolower.cpp 22.locale.ctype.toupper.cpp

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Author: faridz
Date: Mon Jun 25 09:50:10 2007
New Revision: 550545
Thanks for taking care of this! IIRC, you made a similar change before, suggesting the rw_locales() API is error-prone. I wonder if we should change it so as to return "" instead of 0 on error.

Incidentally, why does it fail in your environment?

  When I run the test only, the locale.exe utility not in the path
and then the rw_locales() returns NULL. And later when the test
iterating through the list I got access violation.

  I aggree to change rw_locales() to return something but not NULL.
Perhaps rw_locales() should return "C"? I assume that "C" locale is
always available, isn't it?

Yes, it is. That might make more sense than returning "".
Actually, it will need to be "C\0", i.e., there must be
two NULs at the end of the string.

Martin