Farid Zaripov wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Sebor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Martin Sebor
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 7:12 AM
To: stdcxx-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: svn commit: r553587 - /incubator/stdcxx/trunk/tests/self/0.new.cpp

  No, because of _config-msvcrt.h, line 151:

   // operator new and delete is not reliably replaceable across
   // shared library boundaries, which includes the shared library
// version of the language support library #define _RWSTD_NO_REPLACEABLE_NEW_DELETE

Shall we install SIGSEGV signal handler only if _RWSTD_NO_REPLACEABLE_NEW_DELETE macro is #defined ?
Right. Then the test for the replacement operator new should be guarded by the macro, shouldn't it?

  I think it should, but then the all 0.new.cpp test should be guarded
by the macro,
because of all test cases in this test are excercising the replacement
new/delete operators:

True. If there's no way to reliably replace operators new and delete
on Windows that's what we'll have to do. I thought I heard that it was
possible with some MSVC-specific hackery. If you can find some docs on
how to it that would great. If not, let's just guard the test (as we
do the uses of the replacement operator new machinery) and be done
with it.

Martin