Andrew, I'm not asking for your off the cuff critique of my
admittedly fuzzy analysis. I said I wasn't sure I completely
understood the problem, so I can certainly be wrong.

What I am asking for is an hour of your time to actually debug
the problem and fix whatever is causing the test to exhaust all
4GB of memory on the system despite the 1GB limit we impose on
it.

Martin

Andrew Black (JIRA) wrote:
[ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-440?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_12528441 ]
Andrew Black commented on STDCXX-440:
-------------------------------------

I'm not certain I agree with your conclusion about a misbehavior in the
limit_process logic Martin.

The flow control operator used in limit_process is a 'continue', not a 'break'.
 Unless I'm seriously mistaken, this essentially skips over the remainder of
the for loop, sending the flow back to the start of the loop and incrementing
the counter.

23_allocator test case can consume all system memory

                Key: STDCXX-440
            Fix For: 4.2

        Attachments: sample-top.txt

The 22_allocator test case has been observed to consume all primary and virtual
memory bringing the unfortunate system to its knees.