> There's been a lot of traffic on this list recently

I'm guilty as charged! Apologies to those not interested in finer points of LRW!

> I had a quick question about the GMAC proposal.  Could we get some GMAC-only
> test vectors
> added to the GCM spec?  In particular, I'm interested in a test vector that
> has a
> non-zero AAD length and a zero plaintext length.  Preferably, the AAD would
> be at least
> 256-bits long.  David McGrew, would you be able to provide something like
> this?  This
> would be really helpful for testing GMAC.

The best freely available, and fully-featured, GCM software implementation is
from
Brian Gladman, http://fp.gladman.plus.com/aes/index.htm,
scroll down and look for link to zip file called modes.zip.

Just write a simple C program around this to print out some test vectors.

Colin.