Warren Buffet's advice for 2009

We begin this New Year with dampened enthusiasm and dented optimism. Our
happiness is diluted and our peace is threatened by the financial illness
that has infected our families, organizations and nations. Everyone is
desperate to find a remedy that will cure their financial illness and help
them recover their financial health. They expect the financial experts to
provide them with remedies, forgetting the fact that it is these experts who
created this financial mess.

Every new year, I adopt a couple of old maxims as my beacons to guide my
future. This self-prescribed therapy has ensured that with each passing
year, I grow wiser and not older. This year, I invite you to tap into the
financial wisdom of our elders along with me, and become financially wiser.

* Hard work: All hard work bring a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

* Laziness: A sleeping lobster is carried away by the water current.

* Earnings: Never depend on a single source of income. [At least make your
Investments get you second earning]

* Spending: If you buy things you don't need, you'll soon sell things you need.

* Savings: Don't save what is left after spending; Spend what is left after
saving.

* Borrowings: The borrower becomes the lender's slave.

* Accounting: It's no use carrying an umbrella, if your shoes are leaking.

* Auditing: Beware of little expenses; A small leak can sink a large ship.

* Risk-taking: Never test the depth of the river with both feet. [Have an
alternate plan ready]

* Investment: Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

I'm certain that those who have already been practicing these principles remain
financially healthy. I'm equally confident that those who resolve to start
practicing these principles will quickly regain their financial health.

Let us become wiser and lead a happy, healthy, prosperous and peaceful life.
[Sudeep P Shah]

Warm Regards,
Sudeep Shah
Equity Advisory and Wealth Management,
Motilal Oswal Securities Ltd

"STOCKRESEARCHER" group.

To unsubscribe email
stockresearcher-unsubscr...@googlegroups.com

for more info visit
http://groups.google.com/group/STOCKRESEARCHER?hl=en-GB
.
This is Not a Spam Mail.
Disclaimer :-
"The opinions expressed by the members on this board are based on
their individual experience and perceptions and to share information
with other members with the best of intentions to help fellow members
in investment decisions as equity investment is a risky venture."