*DCB Bank - Strategic decision to drive ROE to lower levels*

Strategic changes / decisions: DCB Bank reported its 2QFY16 numbers which
were below expectations at `369m. However, the key highlight of the quarter
was the strategic decisions / changes taken by the management. Key
announcements are:

n  Install over 150 new branches in the next 12 months (160 branches as on
30th September 2015). Earlier the management had indicated to add 25-30
branches every year. Overall branches to rise over 300 by December 2016. We
believe this will have a significant negative impact on the P&L of the
bank.Branch expansion would be concentration on Tier 2 to Tier 6 locations.

n  Invest heavily in customer facing and frontline enabling technologies.
This we believe, will further impact the cost to income ratio of the bank
which is already amongst the highest in the industry.

*Valuation; downgrade to Sell.* The above decisions will impact both the
return and profitability ratios. As per the management, the profit of FY16
will get impacted by `90-150m, FY17 by`500-650mn and FY18 by `200-350m on
account of the above decision. We believe the ROA and ROE of DCB will range
of 50-60bps and 6-9% respectively. Cost to income ratio could rise to
65-70% for the next 3 years leading to a significant downward revision in
our estimates. *Hence, we downgrade the stock to Sell.*

*Results.* DCB's Q2FY16 PAT was below our expectations at `369 m (down
10.1% YoY& 21.2% QoQ) led by lower treasury income and higher provisions.
PBT ex-trading income is up 22% yoy and 19% qoq to `512m. Cost to income
ratio was 61% during the quarter. Asset quality deteriorated with gross NPA
up by 9% to `2.2bn. Business growth was strong with 27% yoy and 7% qoq
growth in advances and 24% yoy and 2% qoq growth in deposits. Margins
remained strong at 3.79% during the quarter though the same would come
under pressure while we move toward the fourth quarter and the pressure of
priority sector lending jumps in.

--
Kindly email stock reports at

STOCKRESEARCHER@googlegroups.com

For sharing knowledge

-- NIFTYVIEWS.COM NOW A FREE OPEN SOURCE WEBSITE.

http://www.niftyviews.com/

Disclaimer :-
"The opinions expressed by the members on this board are based on
their individual experience and perceptions and to share information
with other members with the best of intentions to help fellow members
in investment decisions as equity investment is a risky venture.The
administrator of www.Niftyviews.com just provide a platform for the authors to
express their opinion and take no guarantee for the genuineness of the
same."ANY member of this forum doesnt prepare or publish any research report;
or ii. provide research report; or iii. make 'buy/sell/hold' recommendation; or
iv. give price target;
---
"Niftyviews.com" group.
to stockresearcher+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.