Whatever the reasons - ignorance of basic principles of criminal law or
political expediency and pragmatism - the fact remains that the article 11
of the Statute of the ICC prevents it to try the New York and Washington
acts of terrorism in which more than 7,000 innocent lives were taken and
probably over a hundred billion dollars damage done.

There is  no corresponding provision in the ICTY Statute. The Tribunal and
its Statute were established on May 25, 1993 (the date of the adoption of
the Resolution 827 of the UN Security Council) in relation to crimes
committed since January 1, 1991. I wouldn't argue that the principle of
non-retroactivity was thus violated by the Security Council. Simply because
the perpetrators of crimes on the territory of former Yugoslavia knew and
were aware that they were committing international crimes against peace, war
crimes, crimes against humanity. One could also argue that the present
article 11 of the ICC Statute violates the UN General Assembly resolution
2391 of November 26, 1968, that is the Convention on the Non-Applicability
of Statutory Limitations to War Crimes and Crimes Against Humanity
(www.unhchr.ch/html/menu3/b/p_limit.htm ).

The next problem with the ICC is that it has no jurisdiction over the crime
of terrorism. In my opinion, those acts in New York and Washington should be
characterized as acts of terrorism, not war as it was characterized by
President Bush. Now, is terrorism a crime under international law? It is,
there is no doubt about it. See www.asil.org/insights.htm,
jurist.law.pitt.edu/forumnew.htm.

The trial in the USA or in some Islamic country, as some suggest, seems,
under the circumstances, out of question because it couldn't be fair. Also,
the establishment by the Security Council of yet another ad hoc tribunal for
trying international terrorism should be disregarded because the Security
Council has no authority to do such a thing under the Charter of the UN.
Both the ICTY and ICTR are illegal and should be disbanded; the only legally
established international criminal court we have is ICC, and its statute
should be amended, made a workable instrument of the present needs of
international community. Instead of having a war with unforeseeable
devastating consequences, the Security Council, the UN generally, all States
of international community should demonstrate their political will to
prosecute terrorism and accordingly to amend the ICC statute.