STOP NATO: ¡NO PASARAN! - HTTP://WWW.STOPNATO.ORG.UK

Madeleine Albright, or to grant her all her various
titles, honorifics, agnomens and conferred
appellations, including:
La Princesse de Rambouillet
The Butcher of the Balkans
The Beast of Baghdad
The Bellona of Bogota
The Herod of Iraq
Lady MacDeath of Foggy Bottom
La Comptesse des Tomahawks
The Portly Pawtucket Proconsul

delivered herself thusly -
You can't just consume democracy, you have to invest
and speculate in it, turn a good profit, and destroy
all competitors.
Advanced academic application, and all that's required
for imperially (and imperiously) dictating the global
policy of the world's sole superpower, consists of
"learning the usual stuff."
It's important to give something back to the country
that gave something to you, as with Yugoslavia, which
gave Albright and her parents sanctuary and
protection. What Albright gave back to the nation and
people who provided her hospitality and safety we all
know - most of it, including cluster bombs and
low-grade uranium weaponry, fell from 15,000 feet in
the sky.
It's better to be a 'doer' than a drifter, both here
and overseas, but especially overseas. What this
sociopathic doer has done overseas has earned her a
one way ticket to Nuremburg.
Her Corpulence has promoted peace in the Middle East.
Not that anyone in the region has noticed it.
Ingrates.
"[W]hen pride in us descends into hatred of them,"
terrorism and other hate-motivated crimes
result...Indeed. And who's a better personal exemplar
of just that dynamic than the one who spoke these
words.
Human rights....Madame de Roland: Freedom, what crimes
have been committed in your name!
Were there witch burnings in Rhode Island, "a few
years after Roger Williams' time"?

The Pawtucket Times
Former secretary of state urges Brown grads to defend
liberty

Fred Kuhr May 29, 2001

PROVIDENCE -- "I hope you will use the knowledge
gained here so that you will be more than a consumer
of liberty, but a defender and enricher of it."
That was the message former U.S. Secretary of State
Madeleine Albright imparted to the Brown University
graduating class of 2001 as she spoke as part of the
baccalaureate service on Sunday.

Albright addressed the graduating seniors after they
marched down College Hill from the the College Green
to the First Baptist Church (in the United States) on
Main Street.

While seniors packed the standing-room-only church,
parents and other guests remained on the Green to
watch the ceremony as it was simulcast on large video
screens.

Albright's address came toward the end of the
hour-and-a-half multicultural ceremony that included a
Hindu blessing, a reading from Hebrew scripture, a
reading from Christian scripture recited in Greek, a
Chinese lion dance and a gospel spiritual.

Not accidentally, Alice Lovejoy, a graduating senior,
gave a Czech reading, entitled "Blossoming Prague," in
honor of Albright's heritage.

(Albright was born in Prague, Czechoslovakia, and
immigrated to the United States with her family in
1948.)

In her introduction, Brown Interim President Sheila
Blumstein pointed out that from 1997 to 2000 Albright
was the first woman to serve as U.S. Secretary of
State and is still the highest ranking woman in U.S.
government history. Before serving as Secretary of
State, Albright was U.S. ambassador to the United
Nations.

Blumstein also praised Albright for her work in
international peacekeeping, from her efforts to expand
NATO in support of the campaign to reverse ethnic
cleansing in Kosovo to her work to promote peace in
Northern Ireland and the Middle East.

During her address, Albright spoke of her own college
experience as a student at Wellesley College in the
1950s.

"I arrived in college a few years after Roger
Williams' time," she joked.

"As an immigrant, I just wanted to fit in. And at that
time, conformity was expected."

She said that students at the all-female college had
to have "posture pictures" taken, so that their
appearance could be evaluated and graded.

As a college student, she continued, "I learned the
usual stuff ... But I also learned a lot about myself.
I learned that I wanted to give something back to this
country that gave so much to me."

Albright said that she expects this year's graduates
to be able to say they learned about the world around
them as well as about "what's inside you."

"Now you have to rely not on professors or grades, but
on an inner compass," she said. "You can either be a
drifter or a doer like Roger Williams. ... And in the
years to come, there is much for you to do, both here
at home and overseas."

Albright then noted the many issues that she would
like to see this year's graduates work on in the
future, all coming under the theme of human rights.

Noting that the world is an increasingly diverse
place, she said, "when pride in us descends into
hatred of them," terrorism and other hate-motivated
crimes result, everything from the bombing of the
Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City to the brutal
murder of openly gay University of Wyoming student
Matthew Shepard.

"Yes, we are all proud of the group to which we
belong, but we are all equal shareholders in the
American dream," she said.

In what sounded like a speech aimed right at the
agenda of the current administration in Washington,
Albright said that global warming is a scientific
reality that must be dealt with, the global HIV/AIDS
epidemic must be addressed internationally with a
larger response from the U.S., and, to a round of
applause, noted that "conservation is the key" to
looming energy crises.

She also pointed to labor and human rights abuses
around the world. "Globalization should not lead to
the marginalization of the world's poor," she said.
"We will not accept a global economy that goes out to
the lowest bidder without regard to standards."

She added, "The future depends on the decision that
you and I and everyone must make."