STOP NATO: ¡NO PASARAN! - HTTP://WWW.STOPNATO.ORG.UK

--------------------------- ListBot Sponsor --------------------------
Get a low APR NextCard Visa in 30 seconds!
     1.  Fill in the brief application
     2.  Receive approval decision within 30 seconds
     3.  Get rates as low as 2.99% Intro or 9.99% Ongoing APR and no
annual fee!
Apply NOW!
http://www.bcentral.com/listbot/NextCard

[Via... http://www.egroups.com/group/Communist-Internet ]
.
.New Zealand to Extend Military Presence in East Timor
New Zealand Defense Minister Mark Burton announced here Sunday that his
government is offering to maintain battalion-strength presence in East Timor
until November 2002.
In a press release issued by the New Zealand government, Burton noted that
the battalion-strength deployment of the New Zealand Defense Force (NZDF)
was scheduled to end in late May 2002. But, he continued, it is now clear
that a United Nations peacekeeping force will probably be required in East
Timor beyond that date.
"We have always indicated that New Zealand's presence would be kept under
constant review. The pace of developing the East Timor Defense Force,
continuing militia activity and the political process surrounding the
election and independence are critical determinants," he said.
"I asked my defense officials to re-examine the feasibility of extending our
battalion-strength presence in east Timor. the Chief of Defense Force has
now confirmed that the NZDF could conduct a further rotation, covering the
period from May 2002 to November 2002," the defense minister said.

****