STOP NATO: ¡NO PASARAN! - HTTP://WWW.STOPNATO.ORG.UK

--------------------------- ListBot Sponsor --------------------------
Get a low APR NextCard Visa in 30 seconds!
     1.  Fill in the brief application
     2.  Receive approval decision within 30 seconds
     3.  Get rates as low as 2.99% Intro or 9.99% Ongoing APR and no
annual fee!
Apply NOW!
http://www.bcentral.com/listbot/NextCard

"We don't understand what's happened, we don't
understand why the rebels could leave with their
weapons, and stay here in the country, where they want
to kill other people."

Tuesday June 26, 5:21 AM
Demonstrators demand resignation of Macedonian
president over ceasefire
SKOPJE, June 25 (AFP) -
A group of angry demonstrators stormed into the
Macedonian parliament building during a protest late
Monday by at least 5,000 people demanding the
resignation of President Boris Trajkovski, who was
inside.
The group broke away from the main section of the
crowd and a few managed to gain entry to the building,
which also houses Trajkovski's residence.
Most of the breakaway group were held back by security
guards, but those who got inside began sacking the
building, throwing computers out the windows, while
others threw stones at the official cars parked
outside, an AFP reporter said.
Trajkovski was inside meeting with the leaders of the
main Macedonian and ethnic Albanian parties in a bid
to kick-start negotiations on political reforms, which
stalled last week amid renewed fighting.
The demonstration took place as hundreds of ethnic
Albanian guerrillas filed out of a village on the
outskirts of Skopje under a ceasefire brokered by the
European Union, which guaranteed them safe passage
without disarming.
The mainly Macedonian Slav crowd outside the
parliament were incensed at the leniency of the deal,
under which the guerrillas were bussed out of the
village to the Black Mountains further north after
three days of pummelling from government forces.
"We don't understand what's happened, we don't
understand why the rebels could leave with their
weapons, and stay here in the country, where they want
to kill other people," said one of the demonstrators,
who were faced by a line of police.
As darkness decended on the capital, the situation
remained extremely tense, with Trajkovski being
branded a traitor for signing the ceasefire.
The crowd chanted "Trajkovski, resign!" and "NATO,
traitor!"
Some also chanted "Shiptari", a derogotary name for
ethnic Albanians. Trajovski is a Slav Macedonian, like
the vast majority of the crowd.
One demonstrator was seen taking the Macedonian flag
off the building's flagpole and holding it up to the
jeering crowd.
The crowd were joined by uniformed military
reservists, who had been mobilised at the start of the
conflict with the guerrillas.
Some of the crowd carried Albanian flags. Others laid
candles on the ground to commemmorate members of the
security forces killed since the conflict began.