STOP NATO: ¡NO PASARAN! - HTTP://WWW.STOPNATO.ORG.UK

--------------------------- ListBot Sponsor --------------------------
Get a low APR NextCard Visa in 30 seconds!
     1.  Fill in the brief application
     2.  Receive approval decision within 30 seconds
     3.  Get rates as low as 2.99% Intro or 9.99% Ongoing APR and no
annual fee!
Apply NOW!
http://www.bcentral.com/listbot/NextCard

NATO "not talking" of military option in Macedonia

Brussels (dpa) - NATO leaders Wednesday ruled out military intervention in
Macedonia, saying only political solutions could end the country's worsening
ethnic conflict.

"We are not considering any other option," NATO Secretary General George
Robertson told reporters.

Asked if NATO was planning to send troops to help the embattled Macedonian
government, U.S. President George W. Bush said the 19- nation Alliance was
convinced a political solution was still available.

"The sentiment I heard was there is still a good possibility of a political
settlement," between the Skopje government and ethnic Albanian rebels, Bush
said.

"The idea of troops in Macedonia is one most nations are troubled over," he
stressed.

Robertson is rushing to Skopje on Thursday following talks with U.S.
Secretary of State Colin Powell and European Union security chief Javier
Solana.

Weekend talks on political reform planned by the Macedonian authorities
could bring a long-awaited breakthrough in upgrading the status of ethnic
Albanians, NATO diplomats said.

Miroslav Antic,
http://www.antic.org/