On 12 Apr 2005, Renee Jenson wrote:
> I think Mayor Kelly finds  himself in the same position that many
longtime
> politicians find themselves.  Sometimes they don't change so much, but
their
> party moves away from them philisophically.  >

> All I was said was that I had a nice cup of coffee at Golden Thyme with
the
> Mayor,  he isn't the beast people make him out to be (still Randy as far
as
> I could see), and the DFL needs to quit eating their own and then
spitting
> out their bones.  It's a disgusting habit.

Renee,

I disagree with your characterization of Mayor Kelly's political position
as one where the DFL party has moved away from him.

1. The DFL doesn't support Republicans for President.  I don't believe
President Bush carried a single precinct in St. Paul. Seems like the DFL is
in step with St. Paul voters on this score.

2.  The DFL Party supports reproductive rights, Mayor Kelly doesn't.

3. The DFL Party doesn't support privatizing essential public services.
Mayor Kelly does.

4. The DFL doesn't support Senator Norm Coleman and the Republican agenda,
Mayor Kelly does. St Paul voters supported Mondale and elected Rep Betty
McCollum.

I could go on but I think but I think these examples are sufficient.

What you call "eating their own and spitting out their bones" I would call
holding elected officials who claim allegiance to the DFL Party
accountable.

Dennis Hill
West 7th St. DFL'er
Ward 2