To introduce myself, I am the Recreation Services Manager for Saint Paul
Parks and Recreation.  Over the past few days, a number of individuals
have forwarded me postings from this discussion group.  Your comments
are timely, as our Recreation Center staff are currently conducting
community meetings, which we have institutionalized and now conduct
twice per year.  Eliciting feedback like that contained in your postings
is the purpose of the community meetings.  I encourage all interested
individuals to attend the meetings or to contact us directly so that we
can learn from your perspectives. All comments are welcome as we work to
continually improve our programs and services.

Information regarding upcoming community meetings is listed below.

Area 4 (N.W. Como, So. St. Anthony, Hancock, Griggs, Langford and
Orchard); Monday, April 25, 7 p.m. @ Langford

Area 3 (El Rio, Baker, Palace, Linwood, MLK, Jimmy Lee and Dunning);
Saturday, April 30, 12 noon @ Linwood

Area 1 (Hayden Hts, Prosperity, Frost Lake, Hazel Park, Conway,
Eastview, Battle Creek, and Highwood Hills); Wednesday, May 11, 6:30
p.m. @ Conway

Area 5 (Wilder, Dayton's Bluff, Phalen, Arlington, Margaret, Duluth and
Case); Tuesday May 17; 7 p.m. @ Duluth & Case; and Thursday, May 19, 7
p.m. @ Dayton's Bluff

Area 6 (West Minnehaha, Scheffer, Front, Rice, North Dale, McDonough
and Sylvan; Tuesday, May 24, 6:30 p.m. @ St. Stephanus Church 739 Lafond
(District 7 meeting)

* Area 2 has already hosted its community meeting on April 12

Additionally, information regarding our programs and services, as well
as direct contact information for Facility Directors, Area Supervisors
and me can be found at
http://www.ci.stpaul.mn.us/depts/parks/recprograms/.

The success of our programs is dependant on the help of many dedicated
volunteer coaches and boosters.  At times it is a challenge to recruit
and retain qualified volunteers.  We certainly welcome any additional
help.  To become involved, contact your local Recreation Center Staff.

Michael Hahm, Recreation Services Manager
City of St. Paul, Division of Parks and Recreation
25 West 4th Street, Suite 300
St. Paul, MN  55102
(651) 266-6444
[EMAIL PROTECTED]