Jacob thought he sent this to the group.  He asked me to do so.

Mike Fratto
Payne Phalen

>>> "Jacob Dorer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 04/19/2005 1:57:51 PM >>>

I think this is a wonderful outcome for this forum. It should
really
give a boost to the importance and I hope the membership of this
list. I
  think it is interesting that the Pioneer Press is either a
member, or
has someone passing them information on interesting comments.

In terms of excited/passionate responses, I don't see that as
necessarily a bad thing as long as people aren't openly insulting
or
defaming. If you speak the truth, then emotion only serves to
heighten
your impact (Tim may disagree with me). I think that the press
might
pick up on some expressions of dissatisfaction with our current
mayor if
they do comb through these emails, and maybe do some looking into
that
or any number of other issues brought up here. I hope they use the
forum
as a resource to determine what people in the city are concerned
about,
and not just as an occasional quote machine.

Another thing which I didn't know until recently - relating to the
list
- is that this forum is also posted on the web
(http://www.mail-archive.com/stpaul@mnforum.org/). This means that
our
comments are being registered and cataloged by little web search
programs. Thus, if you search in Google or Yahoo for your name in
quotes, you will likely find at least a couple of your emails to
this
forum showing up. If you are planning on running for office, make
sure
you don't say anything you will regret, because the web has a habit
of
keeping things for a long time (for instance see the web archive
way
back machine at http://www.archive.org/).

By the way, speaking of scandal (or not) and quotes having a
certain
longevity, here is a great quote I just found online from
Kissinger:

Henry Kissinger once said that "What will come out eventually must
come
out immediately," he added... "The implication being, it's the
striptease that kills you."

I wonder if there will be any such stripteases / deaths by a
thousand
cuts in our mayoral race? They are certainly messy, but make for
good
news and discussion.

Jacob Dorer
Dayton's Bluff

Mike Fratto wrote:

> Andrew's comments about the helicopter flights on Sunday made
the
> front page of the Local section in the Pioneer Press this
morning.